Foreign citizens may apply for a visa on arrival at Minsk National Airport. Such visa applications are processed by the Division for the Admission of Foreigners of the Consular Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (hereafter referred to as the DAF). Visas are issued 24/7.
Visa support documents (an original invitation and its copy) should be submitted to the DAF by an inviting organization/person at least 2 business days before the expected arrival date.
The officer of the Consular Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs marks with a stamp the copy of visa support document. The stamp is a confirmation of the receipt of visa support documents.
The Stamp of the Consular Department on the visa support document is a mandatory requirement of air carriers for the check-in procedure of foreign citizens without valid entry visas of the Republic of Belarus.
On the basis of the above-mentioned information, it is strongly recommended to send the copy of visa support document with the stamp of the Consular Department to the invited foreign citizens (by e-mail, fax, etc.) for its submission to the representative of air carrier at the check-in procedure.
In case of a relative’s death or critical illness, visa support documents may be submitted by applicants on arrival.
Short-term student visas may be obtained on arrival only in the presence of a representative of the institution that has issued an invitation.
Foreign citizens arriving on flights from the Russian Federation will not be able to apply for visas at the DAF. Therefore, they must obtain visas at one of the embassies or consulates of the Republic of Belarus prior to their arrival.
Visa support documents should be submitted to the information desk of the DAF at sector 1/2 of the airport, ground floor, in accordance with next shedule (working days from 10.30 to 13.30). On weekend and holidays the information desk of the DAF is closed. Visa support documents may be also sent by post (Division for the Admission of Foreigners of the Consular Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Minsk International Airport, 220054 Minsk). Contact phones:
- Consular fee for processing the application of a foreign citizen for obtaining a visa of the Republic of Belarus in the “Minsk” National Airport
- Visa applications forms
More information about:
- crossing of the border of the Republic of Belarus you can find at www.gpk.gov.by;
- the legalization documents of visa issuing – at www.mfa.gov.by (see Visa & Consular Issues);
- the procedure of goods and currency transporting – at www.customs.gov.by;
- the Customs Legislation of the Customs Union of the Republic of Belarus, the Republic of Kazakhstan and the Russian Federation – at www.eurasiancommission.org.