When buying a ticket please inform that you are going to transport animals or plants. For registration for transportation of an animal or a plant, it is necessary to undergo veterinary or phytosanitary control before check-in (2nd floor, 5-6 sector).
1. Dear passengers!
Transportation of animals and birds by air is carried out by prior agreement with your airline. Permission of the countries of arrival or transit for international flights is also required.
Upon the arrival at RUE «National Airport Minsk», 2 hours prior to the check-in, the passenger together with the animal should contact the airport veterinarian and submit animal’s ID document.
Location: 2nd floor, sector 5-6.
In case of transportation of animals to the countries of EU (excluding Great Britain, Malta, Ireland, Sweden) we recommend you to get the following documents:
- international pet passport (photo of the animal, if it is more than 1 year old) (obligatory!);
- veterinary certificate (for EU countries) issued by the chief veterinary officer of the city or the district.
The rules of transportation of animals to Great Britain, Malta, Ireland, Sweden considerably differ from the rules of transportation of animals to other countries. In case of bringing animals to these countries the test on having antibodies of rabies is required. This test is not carried out in the Republic of Belarus.
When transporting animals to other countries you must have the following documents:
- international pet passport (photo of the animal, if it is more than 1 year old);
- veterinary certificate (form № 1) issued in your place of residence.
For transportation of the animal in a shipping container, contact the air carrier.
Veterinary certificate is valid only if it has been received 1-5 days prior to the departure.
The last vaccination against rabies should be done no earlier than one year before the departure and no later than two months before the departure.
2. VETERINARY REQUIREMENTS
In case of bringing into the customs territory of the customs union and (or) transporting between the countries fur-bearing animals, rabbits, dogs and cats
Fur-bearing animals, rabbits dogs and cats are allowed to be imported into the customs territory of the customs union and (or) be transported between the countries only from the territories free from contagious animal diseases such as:
For all kinds of animals:
- viral encephalomyelitis of all types, trypanosomiasis - within the last 12 months on the territory of the country or administrative territory in accordance with regionalization;
- Siberian plague - within the last 20 days on the territory of the farm.
For foxes, arctic foxes, dogs and cats:
- Aujeszky's disease (pseudorabies), tularemia (rabbit disease), dermatophytosis (trichophytosis, microsporia) - within the last 12 months on the administrative territory in accordance with regionalization or on the farm;
- rabies, tuberculosis (white plague) - within the last 6 months on the administrative territory or on the farm.
For minks and ferrets:
- mink encephalopathy, Aleutian disease - within the last 36 months on the farm;
- Tuleery - during the last 12 months on the farm;
- rabies, tuberculosis (white plague) - within the last 6 months on the administrative territory in accordance with regionalization or on the farm.
- Rabbit Viral Hemorrhagic Disease, tularemia, pasteurellosis, circling disease (listeriosis) - within the last 12 months on the farm;
- Myxomatosis, pox (caused by cowpox virus and vaccinia virus) - within the last 6 months on the farm.
During the quarantine, a general clinical examination and diagnostic tests are carried out:
- minks - to the Aletian disease;
- cats - on dermatophytosis.
No later than 14 days before the departure, animals shall be vaccinated if they have not been vaccinated within 12 months:
- foxes, arctic foxes - against the canine distemper virus;
- minks, ferrets - against botulism, plague carnivorous plague, pseudomonosis, viral enteritis;
- nutria - against pasteurellosis;
- dogs - against rabies, canine distemper virus, hepatitis, viral enteritis, parvo- and adenoviral infections, leptospirosis;
- cats - against rabies and panleukopenia;
- rabbits - against myxomatosis, pasteurellosis and Rabbit Viral Hemorrhagic Disease, and also at the request of the authorized body of the country to which the importation (transfer) takes place, against other infectious diseases.
It is allowed to transport dogs and cats for personal use in the amount not exceeding two animals, without permission for import and quarantine as an addition to international passport, which in this case is equated with a veterinary certificate, in case if there is a mark of the competent authority on conducting a clinical examination within 5 days before the departure.
Due to the amendments in the terms of quarantineable products import made in 01.07.2017, the phytosanitary control of the airport informs that it is prohibited to import seed and plant material, plant products (fresh fruits, vegetables, berries, dried fruits, nuts, cereals and other products) overall weight of exceeds 5 kilograms and flowers - more than three bunches in cabin and checked in baggage without the phytosanitary certificate.
In accordance with the current Plant Quarantine Statute of the Republic of Belarus, passengers coming to Belarus from other states are prohibited to import the following materials without phytosanitary certificate:
- seeds of cultivated and wild plants;
- living plants and their parts (cuttings, tubers, bulbs, rootstocks, roots, etc.);
- soil and plants with soil (seedlings, flowers in pots, sprouts, etc.);
- living insects, mites, nematodes and other plant pests;
- cultures of living fungi, bacteria, viruses – causal organisms of plant diseases;
- collections of insects, seeds and herbariums of different plants.
In case of presence of the above mentioned materials in cabin or checked-in baggage all passengers are obliged to show these materials to an inspector of the State Plant Quarantine Service at the border entry point and irrespective of the term or purpose of visit are to strictly comply with the directions of the inspector.
The exporting of plants from the Republic of Belarus is recommended with the phytosanitary certificate. In order to avoid problems while registrating plants at the airport please apply to the National Airport Minsk phytosanitary control service prior the registration.