Skip to Content
Printer-friendly version

Insurance contract



Green Card is a certificate of obligatory insurance of civil liability of motorists going abroad by their own vehicle.              

Presence of Green Card is an obligatory requirement if an individual is going abroad by car. The contract is valid across the countries specified in it. Before leaving the territory of the Republic of Belarus, the insurance contract Green Card should be concluded for the period of staying abroad but not less than for 15 days. Green card contract issued by Belarusian insurance company should be shown to the border service when leaving the territory of the Republic of Belarus.

The subject of insurance according to Green Card contract is responsibility for damaged which may be caused by visiting motorists using their vehicles abroad.

The Green Card System is valid in the following countries: Austria, Albania, Andorra, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Belgium, Bulgaria, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Islamic Republic of Iran, Israel, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxemburg, F.Y.R.O.M., Malta, Moldova, Morocco, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Sweden, Switzerland, Spain, Tunisia, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom.

The cost of the "Green Card" insurance contract is the same in all insurance companies in the Republic of Belarus. 

The cost of certificate of insurance depends on:

Destination country (all countries, Ukraine and Moldova, Russian Federation)

Cars by type (passenger car, truck, bus etc.)

Period of validity of certificate (from 15 days to 1 year)


To purchase Green Card certificate of insurance you need:


To be an owner (or authorized person)

To have an identification document and car documents.


The object of insurance under the "Green Card" contract is the liability for any damages that may be caused to the property and lives or health of third parties, when using the car outside the Republic of Belarus.

In case of road traffic accident, the representative of law enforcement bodies should be called and the Green Card should be shown. The compensation to the victim shall be made by Bureau of the country of the accident where the accident took place.

What should be done if you are involved in road traffic accident abroad:

Turn on the warning lights and place warning signs near the scene of an accident.

Report to the police about the accident (common emergency number inside the – EU 112)

Try to get the contact numbers of witnesses of the road traffic accident before they leave the scene of an accident.

Fill in an Accident statement.

In case the Accident statement cannot be filled in or the copy is not available, note the license plate (plates) and make of vehicle (vehicles) of the cars involved in the accident.

Do not sign the documents you do not fully understand.

Give the other participants of the road traffic accident who are going to claim compensation of harm the copy of your Green Card’s number, if it is not available, tell the participants the number of your Green Card, address and contact number of your insurance company. Get the information about other participant’s certificate of obligatory insurance of vehicle owner.

It is advised to take photos of the scene of the accident, vehicles of participants of the road traffic accident and the photo of other participant’s certificate of insurance.

Get the document confirming the fact of the road traffic accident (if issuing of such a document is possible in a country where the road accident).

Keep the documents confirming the expenses suffered due to the road traffic accident (in some countries you can claim compensation if you are determined a sufferer if the documents proving that fact are provided).

Please, contact the Tourism Department of RUE “National airport Minsk” for more detailed information:

Tel: Gate 3-4: (+375 17) 279 23 05, (+375 33) 901 17 19;

                                        Gate 5-6: (+375 17) 279 17 48, (+375 33) 901 17 18.
Fax: (+375 17) 279 23 05.