About preventive measures at Minsk National Airport
As part of the implementation of measures to prevent the import of coronavirus infection into the Republic of Belarus, planned preventive work is being carried out at the interdepartmental level - Minsk National Airport is actively cooperating with the Ministry of Health, customs and border authorities. The Patients Routing Scheme was determined, medical staff instructed airport staff, checked the readiness of medical staff at the airport.
First of all, the task is to identify COVID-2019 infection. In addition to visual screening of arriving passengers in order to detect signs of the disease, additional sanitary and anti-epidemic measures are carried out:
1. Specialists of the sanitary-quarantine point of Minsk sanitary-epidemiological service are working on boarding bridge and airstairs near an aircraft in order to identify patients with signs of viral infection. If symptoms are detected, a passenger will be referred to the medical service. For them, passports and customs procedures are separately processed. In arrivals (1-4 - international, 5-6 - union) thermal imagers are installed. It allows to measure a person’s temperature remotely.
2. Arriving passengers at Minsk National Airport are given a memo: if health deteriorates within 14 days, then an ambulance must be called immediately for hospitalization.
3. There are laboratory control points. They are located in the international arrivals 1-4 after passing through border control, as well as in the sector 5-6, where passengers from the Russian Federation arrive.
4. There are announcements for the passengers who are strongly advised to undergo laboratory diagnostics. The test is free. Results are ready within 4-12 hours. If necessary, a passenger will be contacted and placed under medical supervision.
5. Cleaning measures are being taken at the terminal premises using disinfectants.
6. Additional dispensers installed at the terminal building.
7. Airport personnel involved in passenger and aircraft services is provided with personal protective equipment.
8. IMPORTANT! In case you left the baggage claim area in the arrivals and you want to measure the temperature or take a sample for coronavirus, please, contact the information desk (3rd floor, departure hall) or call:
Decree of the Council of Ministers of March 25, 2020 No. 171 defines measures to prevent the importation and spread of infection caused by the COVID-19 coronavirus.
In particular, it was established that persons who arrived in Belarus from countries in which cases of COVID-19 infection are registered, within 14 calendar days from the date of arrival in Belarus:
- must be self-insulating at home;
- are not subject to subsequent passage through the State border of the Republic of Belarus (until the expiration of the period of self-isolation).
The list of countries affected by COVID-2019 infection is determined by the Ministry of Health based on an assessment of the epidemiological situation in the world.
More information on coronavirus infection can be found here.