When boarding the plane passengers pass through the passport control, customs control, security control. Then they pass to a clear (buffer) zone where they wait for the embarkation. If you’re transporting plants or animals you are to pass through phyto or veterinary control beforehand.
The documents according to which the departure from the Republic of Belarus and the arrival to the Republic of Belarus of the citizens of the Republic of Belarus is allowed are the following:
- diplomatic and service passports;
- passport of seaman;
- certificate for coming back to the Republic of Belarus (only for entry to the Republic of Belarus).
Please, keep your passport safe. Do not leave it in the suitcase, bus, hotel room or car. It’s better to keep the passport separately from your documents and money.
Before passing through the state border of the Republic of Belarus prepare your documents for customs, frontier or other kind of examination.
There is a system of green and red channels at the airport. This is a reduced system permitting individuals who cross the customs border to make a self-selection between the red channel with a customs declaring of goods for personal use and the green channel.
You are allowed to export cash and traveller's cheques for an overall amount up to 10 000 USD outside the customs territory of the Customs Union without declaring it. Cash and traveller's cheques which exceed specified sum must be declared and transferred through the red channel.
The additional information about:
- the transportation procedure of goods for personal use, cash money, traveller's cheques, other cash instruments and others can be found on www.customs.gov.by;
- the Customs Legislation of the Customs Union of the Republic of Belarus, the Republic of Kazakhstan and the Russian Federation – on www.tsouz.ru.
STATE CUSTOMS COMMITTEE
Postal address: Minsk National Airport, Minsk, Belarus, 220054
Postal address: Mogilyovskaya str., 45/1, Мinsk, 220007
Work hours: Mon. - Fr. 900 - 1800 (lunch break: 1300 - 1400)
Orderly officer (24/7):
(+375 17) 219 40 10.
Orderly officer (24/7):
(+375 17) 218 90 00.
Hotline: (+375 17) 219 40 19 (24/7)
Visiting hours schedule and the book of comments and suggestions can be found at the customs operations desk (the 5th floor of the air terminal complex on the part of Gate 1).
Automated message box is located near the customs operations desk (the 5th floor of the air terminal complex on the part of Gate 1). There you can find additional information concerning with the customs activity.
(+375 17) 218 92 92 (24/7),
(+375 17) 218 91 95 (Mon.-Fr. 900 - 1800).
Please, don’t leave and valuables in identity documents which you show during customs clearance. Otherwise the fact of passing cash and valuables to the customs officer will be considered as the criminal offence which means bribery.
Paragraph 431 of the Criminal Code of the Republic of Belarus states: “Bribery is punished by corrective labour for a term of up to 2 years or by arrest for a term of 6 months, or by restraint of liberty for a term of up to 2 years, or by deprivation of liberty for a term of up to 5 years”.
The subdivision of customs inherent security is in operation for prevention, revelation and preclusion of infractions, which are committed by Minsk-2 customs officers.
If the activity of Minsk-2 customs officers towards you had an illegal character or you became a bystander of their improper activities, or you hold information about such an activity, you have a right of appealing to Minsk-2 subdivision of customs inherent security. We guarantee a full confidentiality.
Location: the 1st floor of the air terminal complex, room 218.
Contact (+375 17) 219 40 08.
In order to protect you during your flight you will be asked to pass the security control performed by Minsk National Airport aviation security service at the airport.
There is a double security control for passengers of international flights: baggage and hand luggage examination. The primary examination is performed before the customs control and check-in. The recurrent examination takes place after the frontier control.
Security control of passengers, their baggage and hand luggage is performed for the flights to the Russian Federation. The control takes place after the check-in.
Pay your attention to the list of items forbidden to be transported in the cabin of aircraft therefore in your hand luggage. There are special requirements for transported liquids.
ITEMS FORBIDDEN TO BE TRANSPORTED IN HAND LUGGAGE:
- toy or replica guns (plastic or metal), catapults;
- household cutlery – knives with blades (of any length), corkscrews, paper knives, razor blades;
- tradesman's tools, drills, screwdrivers, hammers, pliers etc.;
- darts, sport bats, arrows, billiard cues;
- scissors (of any size), steel nail files;
- medical syringes (except of medical need);
- knitting needles;
- or any other article which the Security of Minsk Airport Authority consider might be used or could be applied for causing injury or incapacitation of a passenger.
On November 6, 2006, new security rules restricting the amount of liquids that you can take through security checkpoints came into effect at all airports in the EU and in Norway, Iceland and Switzerland. The rules apply to all passengers departing to EU whatever their destination. These measures mean that you and your hand luggage MUSTN’T HAVE THE FORBIDDEN ITEMS AND LIQUIDS:
- water and other drinks, soups, syrups;
- creams, lotions and oils;
- gels, including hair, body and shower gels;
- shaving foam and cream, deodorants;
- any other item of similar consistency.
You are allowed to carry a small amount of liquid in your hand luggage. The liquid should be individually packed. The volume of a pack shouldn’t exceed 100 ml. All the packs should be put in one transparent, re-sealable plastic bag. The total volume of the bag shouldn’t exceed 1 litre per person.
Baby carriages, wheeled chairs and auxiliary means of pacing are allowed for transportation after the examination.
ITEMS FORBIDDEN FOR TRANSPORTATION IN BAGGAGE:
- explosives-munitions, inluding detonators, fuses, grenades, mines;
- gases: propane, butane;
- flammable liquids including fuel, methanol;
- flammable solids and reactive substances including magnesium, fireworks and flares;
- oxidising and organic peroxides;
- maintenance kits for bodywork;
- poisonous or infectious substances such as ratsbane, infected blood;
- radioactive materials including medicinal and commercial isotopes;
- corrosives such as mercury, accumulators of transport facilities;
- fuel delivery system components of transport facilities which contained fuel.
To simplify the examination, you must:
- present all liquids carried to the screeners at security checkpoints;
- take off your jacket and/or coat. They will be screened separately whilst you are screened;
- remove laptop and other electrical/electronic devices from your hand luggage. They will be screened separately whilst you are screened.
YOU ARE ALLOWED TO:
- pack liquids in bags that you check-in - the new rules only affect hand luggage;
- carry in your hand luggage medicines and dietary requirements, including baby foods, for use during the trip. You may be asked for proof that they are needed;
- buy liquids such as drinks and perfumes either in an EU airport shops located beyond the point where you show your boarding pass or on-board of an aircraft operated by an EU airline.
If goods are packed in a special sealed bag do not unpack them till the examination otherwise goods can be confiscated at a checkpoint (if you are a transfer passenger do not unpack the bag until the examination at transfer airports up to your final destination).
Please, be polite and cooperate with the security staff of the airport and airlines representatives.
In case of transporting animals to the countries of EU (excluding Great Britain, Malta, Ireland, Sweden) we recommend you to get the following documents:
- international passport;
- veterinary certificate (form № 6) handed by the major veterinary of the city or district.
The rules of importing animals to Great Britain, Malta, Ireland, Sweden considerably differ from the rules of transporting animals to other countries. When importing animals to these countries the test on having antibodies of rabies is required. This test isn't performed in Belarus.
When transporting animals to other countries you must have the following documents:
- the International passport (not obligatory);
- veterinary certificate (form № 1) which is handed in your place of residence.
You should find out the detailed information about the transporting of animals in the airline office beforehand.
Location: on the 1st floor of the right wing of Minsk National Airport air terminal complex.
Contacts (24/7): (+375 17) 279 12 15, (+375 17) 279 16 90, (+375 29) 157 09 59.
In accordance with the Plant Quarantine Statute now in force in the Republic of Belarus, both tourists and the passengers coming to Belarus from other states are prohibited to import the following materials without phytosanitary certificate:
- seeds of cultivated and wild plants;
- living plants and their parts (cuttings, tubers, bulbs, rootstocks, roots, etc.);
- soil and plants with soil (seedlings, flowers in pots, sprouts, etc.);
- living insects, mites, nematodes and other plant pests;
- cultures of living fungi, bacteria, viruses – causal organisms of plant diseases;
- collections of insects, seeds and herbariums of different plants.
In case of presence of enumerated materials in hand luggage or baggage all tourists and passengers from international transport lines are obliged to show these materials to an inspector of the State Plant Quarantine Service at the border entry point and irrespective of the term or purpose of visit are to strictly comply with the directions of the inspector.
The exporting of plants from the Republic of Belarus is recommended in the presence of the phytosanitary certificate. In order to avoid problems while registrating plants in the airport please apply to the phytosanitary control service of Minsk National Airport in advance.
The phytosanitary control service is on the 1st floor in the right wing of the air terminal complex of Minsk National Airport.
Contacts (24/7): (+375 17) 279 17 72, (+375 29) 334 77 80.